1. My pick for the best two movies this year. Ex Machina is hypnotic and thought provoking. Mad Max is an insane thrill ride with an outstanding story gluing the mayhem together. I saw Age of Ultron after watching Mad Max: Fury Road and it looked and felt flat, like an opened day old can of coke.
1b. Personally I’d put Mad Max: Fury Road in the top movies this decade. It flat out melted my face off. 😀
2. Getting back in the swing of things driving-wise. I have some awesome customers, and their loyalty and patronage makes me smile.
3. I’m finally getting over the post-vacation let down. I will go back there. One of the best times of my life.
4. Writing has suffered…admittedly…but I’m still plugging away. Getting back in the zone with that as well. I THOUGHT the vacation would allow some good writing time, but I discovered that I needed a REAL vacation from my routine. So I swam with turtles, drank copious amounts of rum, made some great new friends and did a large amount of nothing for a week. I needed that.
5. Later today is car maintenance day. Probably going to end up spending a good chunk of the day at the mechanic’s getting stuff replaced. Normal wear and tear stuff…brakes, cv joints and possibly a new timing belt/water pump…not cheap, but in my line of work, if you don’t take care of such things, you don’t have a line of work. heh.
6. Off to dream of Furiosa. 🙂